Today, COVID-19, also known as the Coronavirus, presents a major challenge to the behavior health system to be able to provide optimal services to adults, children and families in the State of Ohio. The purpose of this memorandum is to make sure you know some of the directions that many of the behavioral health providers are instituting because of this virus. First they are committed to the primary mission of providing service during this time but they must also must be committed to make sure their workforce and the persons served are protected at all times. So, some of the changes you may experience are:
- Should ask these questions to help determine if they can come to the home
- Do you currently have symptoms of corona virus (cough, fever of 100.4 F or higher or shortness of breath)?
- Have you had direct personal contact with someone who is positive for the corona virus?
- Have you been tested for the coronavirus?
- Office visits – a number of offices are not accepting walk in for appointments and many are trying to reschedule appointments or conducting telehealth appointments
- Telehealth – will have your meeting with worker via electronically such as face time, skype, etc.
- Trainings, conferences, and larger meetings are being cancelled, you should contact the provider agency via telephone to make sure of all cancellations
he Crisis Kit: 5 tools for helping clients through turbulent times
Corona Virus Social Story
Free Musicals to Watch
Free online courses (offered by Scholastic)
Headspace is FREE for Mental Health Professionals
We're here to help
Mental health conditions can disrupt your life, no matter your age, race, religion or income. We’re here to guide you in getting help for yourself or a loved one
NAMI Franklin County is the local affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness
Become A Member
You're not alone. Get help during
Attend one of our remote support groups or educational classes
Learn our programs for people with mental health conditions
Learn More About Mental Illness
Find information and resources on mental health issues and illnesses
Sign Up For our Mailing list
Get updates and special event notification straight to your inbox