Family Support Group
- See the individual first, not the illness.
- Recognize that mental illnesses are brain disorders that may have environmental triggers.
- Gain insight and empathy from the challenges and successes of others facing similar circumstances.
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination.
- Forgive yourself and reject guilt.
- Embrace humor as healthy.
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem.
- Aim for better coping skills and work for a better future in a realistic way.
- Free of cost
- Led by adult family members who have been trained to facilitate a NAMI Family Support Group.
- Not structured to recommend or endorse specific medical treatments.
We're here to help
Mental health conditions can disrupt your life, no matter your age, race, religion or income. We’re here to guide you in getting help for yourself or a loved one
NAMI Franklin County is the local affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness
Become A Member
You're not alone. Get help during
Attend one of our remote support groups or educational classes
Learn our programs for people with mental health conditions
Learn More About Mental Illness
Find information and resources on mental health issues and illnesses
Sign Up For our Mailing list
Get updates and special event notification straight to your inbox