Description Of NAMI And The Website
Disclaimer On Professional Advice
Intellectual Property Rights
Trademarks And Service Marks
Certain trademarks (including those indicated below) are the service marks and trademarks of NAMI. All page headers, custom graphics, and button icons are service marks, trademarks, logos, and/or trade dress of NAMI. All other trademarks, service marks, trade dress, product names, company names or logos, whether registered or not, on the Website are the property of their respective owners. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, you agree that you will not use any such trademarks, service marks, trade dress, or other logos from these Website without the prior written authorization of NAMI or their respective owners.
The following are registered service marks of NAMI: In Our Own Voice, NAMI, NAMI Basics, NAMI Connection, NAMI Ending the Silence, NAMI FaithNet, NAMI Family & Friends, NAMI Family Support Group, NAMI Family-to-Family, NAMI Grading the States, NAMI Hearts & Minds, NAMI Homefront, NAMI Information Helpline, NAMI On Campus, NAMI Parents & Teachers as Allies, NAMI Peer-to-Peer, NAMI Provider, NAMI Smarts, NAMIWalks, NAMIWALKS and National Alliance on Mental Illness.
NAMI grants requested reprint permissions subject to your agreement to these conditions.
In the reprint, you will credit NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, as the source. You are not reselling the product at a profit. And you will send a copy of the result to this address:
Editor, NAMI, 4301 Wilson Blvd., Ste. 300, Arlington, VA 22203. (If the reprint is for use on a Web site, please send the citation to firstname.lastname@example.org).
For any information contained on the NAMI website that is attributed to another source, permission to reproduce must be obtained from the original source. Use of any robot, spider, other automatic device or manual process to monitor or copy the Website or any of its content and “mirroring” the Website or any content on any other server is prohibited unless prior permission is obtained from NAMI.
Stock photos used on this Website are not meant to indicate any particular attitude or opinion on the part of those whose images are being used and are not intended to indicate an endorsement by the subjects.
Use Of Website Discussion Groups/Bulletin Boards/Blogs
NAMI provides this Website and associated discussion groups/bulletin boards/blogs for the benefit of its members and the public. The content, view and opinions published in Blogs written by our personnel or contributors – or from links or posts on the Website from other sources – belong solely to their respective authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of NAMI, its management or employees. Any comments or opinions expressed are those of their respective contributors only. Please remember that the open and real-time nature of the comments posted to these venues makes it is impossible for NAMI to confirm the validity of any content posted, and though we reserve the right to review and edit or delete any such comment, we do not guarantee that we will monitor or review it. As such, we are not responsible for any messages posted or the consequences of following any advice offered within such posts. If you find any posts in these posts/comments to be offensive, inaccurate or objectionable, please contact us via email at email@example.com and reference the relevant content. If we determine that removal of a post or posts is necessary, we will make reasonable efforts to do so in a timely manner.
NAMI expressly disclaims responsibility for and liabilities resulting from, any information or communications from and between users of the NAMI bulletin board. Users acknowledge and agree that they may be individually liable for anything they communicate using the NAMI discussion groups/bulletin board/blogs, including but not limited to defamatory, discriminatory, false or unauthorized information. Users are cautioned that they are responsible for complying with the requirements of applicable copyright and trademark laws and regulations. By submitting a response, comment or content, you agree that such submission is non-confidential for all purposes. Any submission to this Website will be deemed and remain the property of NAMI.
The NAMI discussion groups/bulletin boards/blogs are forums for individuals to share their opinions, experiences and thoughts related to mental illness. NAMI wants to ensure the integrity of this service and therefore, use of this service is limited to participants who agree to adhere to the following guidelines:
- 1. Refrain from transmitting any message, information, data, or text that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, that may be invasive of another ‘s privacy, hateful, or bashing communications – especially those aimed at gender, race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, religious views or disability.
NAMI reserves the right to remove or edit a post containing offensive material as defined by NAMI. That stated, NAMI does not have the practical ability to restrict conduct or communications prior to transmission and posting, nor can NAMI ensure prompt editing or deletion of offensive posts.
NAMI reserves the right to remove or edit posts that contain explicit, obscene, offensive, or vulgar language. Similarly, posts that contain any graphic files will be removed immediately upon notice.
- 2. Refrain from posting or transmitting any unsolicited, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain mail,” “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation. NAMI reserves the right to delete these posts immediately upon notice.
- 3. NAMI invites and encourages a healthy exchange of opinions. If you disagree with a participant ‘s post or opinion and wish to challenge it, do so with respect. The real objective of the NAMI message board is to promote discussion and understanding, not to convince others that your opinion is “right.” Name calling, insults, and personal attacks are not appropriate and will not be tolerated. NAMI will remove these posts immediately upon notice.
- 4. NAMI promotes privacy and encourages participants to keep personal information such as address and telephone number from being posted. Similarly, do not ask for personal information from other participants. Message board posts that request participants submit personal information to another party will be removed immediately upon notice unless these posts have been pre-approved by NAMI staff. This includes, but is not limited to, communications that ask for telephone, address, e-mail, surveys and research studies.
- 5. Participants should be aware that the opinions, beliefs and statements posted in this forum do not necessarily represent the opinions and beliefs of NAMI. Participants also agree that NAMI is not to be held liable for any loss or injury caused, in whole or in part, by sponsorship of this message board. Participants also agree that NAMI reserves the right to report any suspicions of harm to self or others as evidenced by participant posts.
- 6. Posting off-topic messages to discussion groups will result in removal of and the possible suspension of posting privileges.
- 7. NAMI members or staff who post non-public information on public areas of the site or off-topic messages in member-only discussion areas may have their posting privileges suspended and will be subject to appropriate corrective action.
- unlawful, unauthorized, fraudulent or malicious in purpose;
- false, offensive, abusive, libelous, hateful, defamatory, obscene, racist, sexually explicit, ethnically or culturally offensive, indecent, pornographic;
- an invasion another’s right of privacy or publicity;
- license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise commercially exploit or make available to any third party the Website or Content or in any way;
- modify or make derivative works based upon the Website or Content;
- create Internet “links” to the Service or “frame” or “mirror”the Website on any other server or wireless or Internet-based device;
- reverse engineer or access the Website in order to (a) design or build a competitive product or service, (b) design or build a product using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Website;
- launch an automated program or script, including, but not limited to, web spiders, web crawlers, web robots, web ants, web indexers, bots, viruses or worms, or any program which may make multiple server requests per second, or unduly burdens or hinders the operation and/or performance of the services or Website;
- interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Website or the data contained therein, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website or its related systems or networks.
User Content Submissions
Your User Content
Extended Profile Content And Image Submissions
You also warrant that the content, including images, is not confidential or secret and that the content or image is owned entirely by you. You warrant that you have all rights necessary (including rights of privacy and rights of publicity) to authorize NAMI to use content and images as permitted by the license in this Section.
Extended Profile Content Disclaimer
Payments And Payments Processing; Rules For All Payments
You can make an online donation to NAMI. NAMI has engaged the services of third party payment service provider(s) to process all donation/payment transactions. NAMI is not affiliated with any such third party payment service provider(s), and neither is the agent or employee of the other, and NAMI is not responsible in any way for the actions or performance (or lack thereof) of such third party payment service provider(s). Accordingly, NAMI expressly disclaims responsibility and liability for all payment processor services, and you hereby agree that NAMI shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of such services. Additionally, since such third party payment service provider(s) will have access to the information you provide to them when making a donation, you should not make a donation if you are not comfortable with sharing your information with these third parties.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that, for all donations, (1) you will not use an invalid or unauthorized credit or debit card or other payment method; (2) all donations are final and non-refundable. If you have any questions regarding any donation, please contact us by phone at 1-888-999-6264 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAMI includes links on its Website as a convenience to visitors. Inclusion as a link on the NAMI Website is bound by the criteria and policies contained in this document.
NAMI assumes no responsibility for the content, claims, representations, or accuracy of the material contained in the Web link sites. NAMI does not endorse the content of the sites or the organizations sponsoring the website.
NAMI does not accept payment for links from the NAMI Website, other than paid sponsorship of the Web site by non-vested interests.
Oversight of the content of the NAMI Website and application of all policies is the responsibility of the Website Management Committee.
Page Editors who wish to include links will comply with all NAMI policies and criteria.
NAMI reserves the right to eliminate any link, with or without cause.
All linked sites must provide information of potential interest and use to NAMI members.
All linked sites are encouraged to provide a reciprocal link to the NAMI Website home page at www.nami.org.
Any individual or organization requesting a link from the NAMI Website must submit a formal application for consideration and agree to the terms and conditions contained therein.
Individuals or organizations submitting a formal application will be subject to the following criteria:
An automated expiration date 12 months from first posting and annually thereafter;
- Authors/owners will be automatically notified when expiration is approaching and asked to reapply; and failure to reapply may result in the discontinuance of the link.
- Sites created by individuals must meet the following minimum conditions to be considered for a link from NAMI:
- The author/creator is a NAMI member;
- References and sources for all content are listed clearly, and all relevant copyright information is noted;
- Website ownership is prominently and fully disclosed, as is any sponsorship, advertising, underwriting, commercial funding arrangements, supports, or potential conflicts of interest; and
- Dates that contents are posted and updated are indicated.
All linked sites must adhere to the criteria outlined above and fall into at least one of these categories:
State Organizations: All chartered NAMI state organizations may have a link on the NAMI Web site and are not required to submit formal application.
Local Affiliates: All local NAMI affiliates in good standing may have a link on the NAMI Web site and are not required to submit formal application.
Supporting Organizations: NAMI has several supporting organizations and thematic centers of activity whose purposes support the mission of NAMI. These organizations may have a link on the NAMI Web site and are not required to submit formal application.
Funders: NAMI is grateful to the many individuals, foundations, corporations and organizations that support us financially. These organizations may have a link on the NAMI Web site. NAMI also accepts paid sponsorship of the Web site by non-vested interest organizations.
Links to vested interest organizations must be to public education Web pages and not to product promotion sites.
Colleague Organizations: NAMI works with numerous national organizations on issues related to mental illness and disability rights.
Organizations with which NAMI has worked or now works may have a link on the NAMI Web site.
NAMI will not link to individual service or treatment providers, but may link to national or umbrella organizations of providers.
State and Federal Offices: NAMI may link to any state or federal site whose functions may be of assistance or interest to NAMI members. State and federal offices are not required to provide reciprocal links to the NAMI site and are not required to submit a formal application for consideration as a link.
Other Related Sites: NAMI may link to other, related sites whose content, in the judgment of the NAMI Web site Management Committee, may be of interest or use to NAMI members.
Disclaimer Of Warranty
Health Care Disclaimer
The information, treatment resources and Content contained on this Website has been prepared by NAMI as a convenience to its users and is not intended to constitute medical advice or recommendations upon which a user may rely. NAMI has used reasonable efforts in collecting, preparing and providing such information, resources, treatment resources and Content, but makes no warranty or guarantee about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information, resources, services and content contained in or linked to this Website or any other Website maintained by NAMI.
YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. ALL INFORMATION, TREATEMENT RESOURCES, AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND NAMI EXPRESSLY disclaims all warranties and conditions with respect to the WEBSITE AND ALL ELEMENTS THEREOF, whether implied, express, or statutory, including the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, noninfringement of third-party rights, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, quiet enjoyment and accuracy. NAMI MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITE, TREATMENT RESOURCES AND CONTENT, USER CONTENT, EXTENDED PROFILE CONTENT OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION IS ACCURATE, TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED, VIRUS-FREE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ANY SUCH PROBLEMS WILL BE CORRECTED.
Limitation Of Liability
In addition to the above warranty disclaimers, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL NAMI AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND VOLUNTEERS WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF INCOME, LOSS OF GOODWILL OR REPUTATION, DAMAGE TO OR CORRUPTION OF DATA, OR PERSONAL INJURY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE OR MEDICAL MALPRACTICE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH USE OF THE WEBSITE (OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE), INFORMATION, TREATMENT RESOURCES AND CONTENT CONTAINED IN OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM RELIANCE BY USER ON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM NAMI, EVEN IF NAMI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITIES OF THOSE DAMAGES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS PREDICATED UPON YOUR WAIVER OF ANY RIGHT TO SUE NAMI AND ITS AFFILIATES DIRECTLY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION SUIT FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Term And Termination
Jurisdiction; No Class Action
This Website (excluding linked sites) is controlled by NAMI, which is headquartered in the Commonwealth of Virginia, in the United States of America. It can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as from other locations around the world. Each of these locations have laws that may differ from those of Virginia. Therefore, by accessing this Website both you and NAMI agree that the statutes and laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without regard to principles of conflicts of law in Virginia or elsewhere, shall apply to all matters arising from or relating to use of this Web site. You and NAMI also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the state and/or federal courts located closest in proximity to the NAMI National Office in Arlington, Virginia should any matter arise related to NAMI.
YOU AND NAMI AGREE THAT ANY PROCEEDINGS TO RESOLVE OR LITIGATE ANY DISPUTE WILL BE CONDUCTED SOLELY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND THAT NEITHER YOU NOR NAMI WILL SEEK TO HAVE ANY DISPUTE HEARD AS A CLASS ACTION, A REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, A COLLECTIVE ACTION, A PRIVATE ATTORNEY-GENERAL ACTION, OR IN ANY PROCEEDING IN WHICH YOU OR NAMI ACTS OR PROPOSES TO ACT IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. YOU AND NAMI FURTHER AGREE THAT NO PROCEEDING WILL BE JOINED, CONSOLIDATED, OR COMBINED WITH ANOTHER PROCEEDING WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF YOU, NAMI, AND ALL PARTIES TO ANY SUCH PROCEEDING.