Who We Are
- Hope: We believe in the possibility of recovery, wellness and the potential in all of us.
- Inclusion: We embrace diverse backgrounds, cultures and perspectives.
- Empowerment: We promote confidence, self-efficacy and service to our mission.
- Compassion: We practice respect, kindness and empathy.
- Fairness: We fight for equity and justice.
Who We Are
NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
What started as a small group of families gathered around a kitchen table in 1979 has blossomed into the nation’s leading voice on mental health. Today, we are an alliance of more than 600 local Affiliates and 48 State Organizations who work in your community to raise awareness and provide support and education that was not previously available to those in need.
Diversity, Equity And Inclusion
At NAMI, we believe a diverse, inclusive and equitable organization (or Alliance) is one where all employees, volunteers and members — regardless of gender, race, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, veteran status or other dimension of diversity — feel valued and respected.
We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and to providing equal opportunity for employment, participation and advancement in all programs and worksites.
- More about NAMI’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
More About NAMI
- Meet the Board
- Meet the Staff
- What We Do
- Our Bylaws